Copyright © 2013 All rights reserved. Old Historic Northside Organization
Mineral Palace Park Earth Day celebration/park clean up/tree and garden planting, established the mound garden on Court St. and continue to maintain and weed it, neighborhood cleanup day, parking issues (curb painting and parking ordinance flyer), code enforcement liaison, newsletter production, newsletter distribution, Rummage sale, neighborhood signage plan, general meeting planning and preparation, Community Micro-grants, Morey Bernstein fundraiser, 2009 Candidate Forum, Northside Historic District and expanded Historic District, OHNO survey Our social projects include: Annual Block party, Annual Earth Day, Annual Holiday party, Veteran's Day Celebration at MPP, Weekly Ladies breakfast/lunch club, Neighborhood wine walk.
The mission of the Old Historic Northside Organization is to foster communication among the neighbors and a sense of community and pride in the north side neighborhood, to voice neighborhood concerns to government & other agencies, and to preserve and restore the historic elements of the area.
1. Provide means of communication among the membership in order to keep them informed on developments in the geopolitical communities of the organization.
2. Coordinate with political, governmental and non-governmental agencies and groups in order to share information and conduct mutually beneficial activities.
3. Support the needs of the membership with respect to their living, owning property, and/or conducting businesses in the community of the organization as it may be affected by the organization.
4. Maintain and improve the quality of life in the community.
5. Foster an appreciation for the heritage and culture of the community.
6. Encourage a feeling of community among the membership.
7. Provide a voice for the community that can be heard and appreciated by the governmental and non-governmental agencies.